Pages

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Foodaholic

Dear Dumb Diary,
I had a hard time this month,trying to sustain myself from eating and even looking at good food. Thank God I'm able to control the monster inside me,UNTIL it burst out when I saw my friend's post about food in his blog.Grr.. I hate you @Aliens Hoh xD

So I'm tempted to write about my favorite food here. lol and Grandma,grandpa,if you are reading this,I wanna thank our ancestors for the wonderful gene passed to me,thanks to them I have a high level of metabolism & proud of the fact that I can eat and eat and EAT until i chocked! bwahaha! and Aha! I feel satisfied even by looking at this. ;)

Btw Mr Dumb Diary,it's Ramadhan,the ninth month of the Islamic calendar. It is the month of fasting, in which participating Moslems refrain from eating and drinking,from dawn until sunset. Fasting is intended to teach Moslems about patience, humility, and spirituality.Hari Raya is only 5 days ahead! whoohooo!!

INTRODUCING...

Ais Batu Campur/ABC (Translated as Mixed Ice Stone? HAHA). It's a popular dessert here in Malaysia. Your visit here to my country without having a good taste of this,is meaningless! nah joking. I prefer ABC without nuts and cendol tho,and some sprinkles and ice-cream on it would be great!


Baked-potato with cheese..Hmm nyum nyum nyum. The first time i had this was in Alam Central,Shah Alam.The steaks there tasted sucks tho.


Sate,another blessing from God. xD Never Malaysia without sate! Sate basically is small pieces of meat mixed with certain herbs,sticked together and grilled until it turns brownish and smooth. It's a secret recipe passed down many many years ago so it's great if you can find a stall that serves awesome sate,and inform me k ;)


Grilled lamb chop. Owh! awesome western cuisine! I prefer lamb than beef for it's tenderness ;)


Onigiri,the Japanese rice roll. I had great onigiri made by my host mum back in Japan. Well,you can find anywhere here but not as good as in Japan.It is made out of Japanese sticky rice rolled together with dry seaweed on the outside. You can choose onigiri with only rice or fillings in it.


wow,grilled mussle with cheese. Get a fresh one. ;)


Raw octopus/ sashimi tako. :) MY FAVORITE!!! and for your information,it's not cooked. ;)
I had my first sashimi tako in my host family's house. Mum took a fresh and still-moving octopus from i dunno where,and chopped it to small pieces. yea it sounded disgusting,but once you get it into your mouth..Urmmm tastilicious! of course,eat it DEAD lah. hahaha! yes,be grossed.


Hiroshima Okonomiyaki. The only place where you can have this,of course,Hiroshima,Japan.
I had okonomiyaki made by my host sis in Msia before,but it doesn't taste as good as this.
I heard we can get Okonomiyaki flour from stores in Jusco,is it true?


Ichigo daifuku. Hmm how to describe this...it's made out of some sticky sweet flour,taste like heaven,and each filled with a HUGE and sweet strawberry. Ahh...I know,be jealous ;)


Roti Bom,another Malaysian delicious food. Booom!


Takoyaki. Tako,means Octopus,Yaki means fried? oh i dunno. But I can guarantee you,Takoyaki tasted best when you make it with your family,the taste of happiness. :) Simply delightful.

Well, these are some of my favorite food.lol there's not enough time to write everythin here. hehe.By the way, i think people should be blessed to be born in a country where you can have loads of good food. Think before you waste your food and give them out to the dustbin,think of the people in Sudan,in Palestine,in India,In Pakistan and many more countries where their people are starving,and YOU yourselves being picky about food? Ow boy...

8 comments:

  1. lol......yur blog makes me hungry...lol.....
    d food looks so delicious ...now i want to visit malaysia n japan only for its mouth watering food.....ha ha...."except that octopus"......i'll love to eat everything!.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...i wanna eat all of these now :x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bavisha: Yes indeed! that was how i felt when this lil fella (Alien) here made d same post in his blog,hahaha!
    COME to Malaysia! haha yup we are famous for the food.Japan is great for its seafood <3<3 I would love to go to ur country one day to get a good taste of the original curry!

    Hong: Chehh go eat your posts lah xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhhhhh!!!yumn!!!<3 ur blog makes me hungry!haiz~mum nt yet cook dinner...><

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahaha! go buy somethin la later got gastric! xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, nak tahu la u g kedai mana di alam sentral tu utk makan baked potato?searching for baked potato in shah alam and urs look so yummy. Thanks for ur reply

    ReplyDelete
  7. Searching for yummy baked potato in shah alam and urs look so yummy. Can i know which cafe did u go to buy this baked potato?thanks=)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hii there. :)
    oh don't get it wrong, the pic above is just a sample i got from the internet.
    tapi memang ada baked potato kat Alam Central dulu, but dah tutup. :(
    u are from?

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright 2012 My Dumb Diary. Powered by Blogger
Blogger by Blogger Templates and Images by Wpthemescreator
Personal Blogger Templates